My Profile |

 

We aim to provide a high-quality professional life coaching service free of charge. We would like to invite you to join us in this wonderful journey of self-discovery. Excel in life - unleash your unlimited power.




Qualities: a good life coach

The fourth quality that you need to develop as a life coach is to think Win-Win when you interact with people.

Win-Win – The ability to form positive and mutually worthwhile human relationships is the key to achieving a fulfilling life. If we nurture this skill, we will become successful. When I say success, I do not mean just material success. I mean a balanced life, which includes peace of mind, a sense of well-being, happiness and joy, fulfilling relationships, and good health.

Win-Win means building a relationship where everyone gets the best, everyone wins. So, there is no loser and there is no disappointment. It is finding a better way for all parties through honesty, cooperation, and understanding. It is not making compromises because when we compromise, we settle for less. Win-Win means abundance for all. It is a way where we compete with ourself rather than competing with others.

“Win/Win is a belief in the Third Alternative. It’s not your way or my way; it’s a better way, a higher way.” – Stephen R Covey from the international best-selling book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

I believe in the ‘Win-Win’ principle and I apply it regularly in my life. Whenever I reach a dead end, I think about this principle, whether it is in my family, workplace or when interacting with friends.

If you reach a deadlock in a relationship, it is always a good idea to explore and find out what the other individual wants. Then, you explain what you want.

Win-Win will only work if there is cooperation and honesty from both sides. Now, you must be wondering, what if the other person does not cooperate, or is not honest. One-way of finding a solution is exploring the reason of non-cooperation. People usually do not cooperate when they think that they are a loser or they feel violated and compromised. Will you be happy when you lose? I know for sure that I won’t.

If for some reason Win-Win does not yield results, there will be ‘No Deal’. It is better to go for ‘No Deal’ rather than going for:

Win-Lose
– where you win and the other person loses.
Lose-Win – where you lose and the other person wins.
Lose-Lose – where everyone loses.

Sometimes it may be necessary that we take the initiative first by being proactive. Sometimes both parties expect the other to take the first step. And that results in a delay, in finding a solution or many a times leads to no solution. Did you ever come across this? I am sure all of us did. The problem is our ego, which may come first rather than the principle.

If we want to lead a fulfilling life, we have to base our life on principles rather than the ego. We are all unique and different, so use your creativity and imagination to apply this principle in your own way.

Suggested reading:

7 Habits of Highly Effective People – this is a wonderful and the most influential book ever written. I think it is surely the Bible of self-development. Stephen R Covey is a powerful writer and a self-development expert and this book has already sold more than 15 million copies worldwide. He has researched 200 years of success literature and the result is a masterpiece. The book is also available in public libraries.

You can avail the current offer and download the whole audio book free from Audible it is a good company, I use their service (please read the offer agreement carefully):


Free iPod and great audio downloads from Audible


You can buy this book here and help us too:

posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 6:25 AM,

12 Comments:

At December 04, 2006, Blogger surjit singh said...

Very good and motivating article.Keep it up

http://gurushabad1.blogspot.com

 
At December 04, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Thank you very much, please visit again.

 
At December 04, 2006, Blogger Foofa said...

Just wanted to let you know I put a link to your page up. Sorry it took so long, I've been ill and all.

 
At December 04, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and including a link. I hope you are well now.

God Bless
Debojit

 
At December 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debojit,

I added your link to both of my blogs Aetherya and Morphieum. Could you please take off the link that points to my blogger blog and update it with a link to Morphieum? I really appreciate the space on your blog.

Thanks and have a great day :)
MaryJaene

 
At December 05, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi Mary,

I really appreciate that you visited my blog and also added links in your two blogs.

It is a privilege to link to your blog. Thank you again. Keep visiting.

God Bless
Debojit

 
At December 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Win-win


It sounds so good that I am afraid to believe this : )) but i am agree with you "Win-Win will only work if there is cooperation and honesty from both sides" : ))) but it`s very seldom in real life : ((

 
At December 07, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi Riorita,

I hope you are doing well. Yes, I agree with what you wrote. Win-Win is quite difficult to apply but I think if you want a successful relationship, it has to be Win-Win otherwise, is it going to last long.

I think the way I take it is to keep on trying and do my best.

 
At February 14, 2007, Blogger anandi said...

Great inspiring writings..
keep writing such stuff!!

 
At February 14, 2007, Blogger Paris David said...

Got ya! Now I'm understanding the correct place to comment.

Yes, I definitely believe in win-win situations and looking at the positives.

This is not a zero-sum world. You are correct, Debojit

 
At February 15, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Great article. In fact, great blog.
I am trying to apply it in my everyday life and you know what's been happening? My relationships are getting much better!

 
At December 13, 2007, Blogger Gibo said...

now i have to read covey's seven habits...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counter with statistics