My Profile |

 

We aim to provide a high-quality professional life coaching service free of charge. We would like to invite you to join us in this wonderful journey of self-discovery. Excel in life - unleash your unlimited power.




Be Inspired: One-Minute Principle of Time Management for Perfect Happiness

Sometimes I feel and say to myself, I wish there was more time in a day. I work full-time in a secondary school in England and my responsibilities besides teaching include line managing as I lead the ICT department. I also have my personal commitments, and I love writing, as it is a way of realising my full potential and connecting with all of you. I am passionate about it. I also need to find time for my life coaching.

So, I find the balancing act challenging at times. Managing our time in this fast paced world is a real problem. Isn’t it? I am sure all of you have busy schedules and have various types of responsibilities and face similar problems in managing your time.

So, how do we manage our time in a better way? Let me share with you a simple idea, which I came across a few years ago, and I found it amazing as it works wonders if we can apply it creatively. Philip Dormer Stanhope Chesterfield says, "I recommend you to take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves."

So, What did I do with this simple idea?

(1) I plan and I have a schedule for my whole day. I break up the day into small manageable chunks. I remain flexible, as I know I may have to deal with any unforeseen events.
(2) I say to myself whatever I am doing at this minute I will do it to the best of my ability. I will apply the One-Minute principle.
(3) I also say to myself, I am happy every minute, as I know if I am happy every minute, I will easily remain happy for the hour, and eventually it will help me to remain happy throughout the day. It works for me, so you can try to see if it works for you. I have also found, by simply saying and acting as if I am happy this minute makes a big difference to the state of my mind.

So, whatever your role is at this minute Mom, Dad, Grand Mom, Grand Dad, Homemaker, Cook, Cleaner, Manager, Business owner, Lawyer, Teacher, Doctor, Sales personnel or any other role, please apply this principle and make effective use of this minute. And see for yourself what happens to the hour, and if possible please share your experience with us.

posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 3:43 AM,

6 Comments:

At January 28, 2007, Blogger Mahesha Iddagoda said...

Well I agree.
In our busy lives we have to manage time, do one task at a time, and I would like to add that our mind can handle only one thought at a time. It might be a flicker. If we think only on the work we are doing now, let past be absent, future too. The more we are likely to succeed.

 
At January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple yet profound.

Thanks for stopping by at my site and I'll too link back to you.

 
At January 29, 2007, Blogger Ciera said...

With all that had been going on in my life recently, from my bad break-up to hitting a deer with my car...all I can really handle is one minute at a time! Thanks for the new way to look at a minute! :)

 
At January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, every minute counts! Every minute should not be wasted, especially when it comes to mining for ideas for my next post. In just a minute you can be pouring tons of ideas in a single piece of paper. That's how a minute is important to me.

 
At February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minutes are funny little things. There are never enough of them until you come to be waiting for the kettle to boil, or the iron to heat up sufficiently - that's when a minute can feel like an hour! Yet when you're reading a fabulous book, the night can slip by without a moment's thought. Ergo the "learn to be happy for every minute" rule applies.

 
At February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like chunking my time, too. And I use a timer when I'm at the computer. Otherwise it's too easy to lose track of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counter with statistics