My Profile |

 

We aim to provide a high-quality professional life coaching service free of charge. We would like to invite you to join us in this wonderful journey of self-discovery. Excel in life - unleash your unlimited power.




Be Inspired: Does thoughts decide our destiny?

“Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does thoughts decide our destiny? There were some disagreements when I first wrote on this topic, and I received some emails with different viewpoints. First, I would like to thank all of you for your support, and for taking the time to read my articles.

It is difficult to accept when someone comes to you and says, “Thoughts are real things.” And I found it interesting when I first came across this idea in the Indian philosophical texts some years ago.

But, I think I did not take it seriously, as I believe in Science, and I wanted evidence and proofs. I always thought Philosophy was just an amalgamation of some good words.

Since I did not take it seriously, I did not manage my thoughts effectively or may be I did not have the necessary skill. Now after many years, and facing lot of ups and downs in life. I have made a realisation that Philosophy can improve people’s quality of lives.

I think one of the greatest sources of realisation was through meditation. I have been meditating from last 20 years and it is amazing. I can’t give you proofs but I can only share my experience. I can realise now that “Thoughts are real things.”

I know it will be hard for you to accept it, and you should not accept it, if you haven’t experienced it yourself. I will start an online meditation course soon, please join in.

posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 12:12 PM,

5 Comments:

At December 11, 2006, Blogger TIM said...

I meditate from time to time. It is very relaxing, and there is a spiritual connection that it is hard to explain if you have not felt it yourself.
I was shown by a yoga/meditation expert from India, and his guidance was invaluable.
The reason I don't do it every day is that I often have a 20 minute sleep when I get in from work! It's one or the other with me.
Meditation can be hard to fit into your life but the benefits are clear.

 
At December 12, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi Tim,
That's right finding time is difficult but when I am too busy I can't do it twice. But I make sure that I meditate once for 25 minutes.
take care

 
At December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't seem to calm my mind to meditate. My mind keeps going from thought to thought to thought. I guess it takes more discipline than I have.

Our whole world is made up of thoughts. The automobile, the computer...All were once just a thought in someone's mind. You are right when you say that we have to be careful and manage our thoughts otherwise we will end up in unpleasant situations.

 
At December 15, 2006, Blogger TIM said...

The first 15 minutes is key in meditation. Any distractions that come to you - you must let go of. After that I find it's much easier.

 
At December 16, 2006, Blogger Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi Mary and Tim,
thank you very much for your comments. I was awfully busy with my work in school and could not reply to your posts.

Yes, Tim you are right the mind settles down gradually.

Mary, you are absolutely fine, it happens to everyone, the mind wanders and that's the nature of the mind. It is through meditation we realise and then control the mind.

I will start the meditation course soon after I have uploaded all the Life Coaching articles. Please join in, it is a very easy form of meditation.
God bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counter with statistics