My Profile |

 

We aim to provide a high-quality professional life coaching service free of charge. We would like to invite you to join us in this wonderful journey of self-discovery. Excel in life - unleash your unlimited power.




Man Proposes and God Disposes

It is such a wonderful experience to see the raindrops falling and being greeted by mother earth; it gives me great delight in silently watching our nature in motion. We are having weeks full of rain in England recently, and it has caused real havoc down south. Anyways, let me organise myself, and get back to the mood of connecting with you this weekend.

My Dad strongly believed in God, and as I grew up, I also saw a person who lived his life serving others. Though he believed in God, he was not a great advocate of frequenting the temples to earn his share of blessings. He loved his family, and anyone who got in touch with him could feel a difference. He touched everyone’s life he met in a special way.

So, I was lucky in a sense to be his son. He was a man of values, and dealt with the events in life steadily with respect. And when I use the word ‘Respect’, I mean he believed everything that happened in our life had a reason, some meaning, and it had a connection to something else.

I often heard him saying, ‘Man proposes and God disposes’. Sometimes I felt frustrated and became annoyed when he said this to me, especially at times when I failed to achieve what I wanted. At those times, I remember I used to express my anger and resentment. Strangely, he never showed any emotions, rather had a subdued smile in his face. But as I gained more of life’s experience, I started to realise the hidden meaning of the statement. This week’s exercise is based on the meaning that I have realised. And I would like to invite you to join me to explore it further.

Exercise for this week:

(1) Every event that happens in our life has a deep seeded intention. It is manifesting our past intention and desire, and we can physically see and experience it when it is in motion, which we describe as an event or episode. It is our responsibility to understand it, identify the hidden opportunities (messages), and use it to our advantage. The opportunities may be in any form, physical or meta-physical. So, try to understand it, identify the opportunities and use it as best as you can.

(2) Practise and try to manage your worries by saying to yourself, “Everything that is happening to me now is for a reason. It has a connection with my past as well as my future.” Gradually, this will help you increase your power of acceptance. Slowly and steadily, you will learn more about yourself, and your real nature.


(3) Power of Acceptance will help you to gain control of the future. You will gain the power to control your own destiny. But it will only happen when you accept yourself ‘as you are now’.

(4) Do not resist because it would seem futile challenging the laws of the Universe. Cecil B. deMille observed, “It is impossible for us to break the law. We can only break ourselves against the law.” So, identify the hidden opportunities (messages) in every event, and use it to your advantage. This will lead us to our destination (destiny) safely.

Take care and God bless!

posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 10:23 AM,

7 Comments:

At July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this article!

It's nice to see that there are still people out there who believe in God. Most of the blogs and books I read in this niche don't mention anything about God...

Again, nice article!

 
At August 29, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a blessing! Not everthing you find on the net is so insightfull so far a God being involved. I believe He is into the details of our lives;) We just have to be willing to submiy ourselves to, as you said "The laws" because He is the potter and we are the clay! Love this article and your outlook on life:) God bless you and all you set your hands to.

 
At November 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

“It is impossible for us to break the law. We can only break ourselves against the law.”

A good qoute to be included in this post.

Do your best and God will do the rest.

Great post!

Love & Gratitude,
Tina
Think Simple. Be Decisive.
~ Clarity & Happiness

 
At December 29, 2007, Blogger That girl said...

i liked this.

i too, believe the universe does things for you in unexpected ways, and you just need to accept what is going on.

 
At September 01, 2008, Blogger Engin said...

Yes its true, i read a lot of articles about this. we are so strong but we are unknown that. please add more article about this. and i can say with your permission a web site. it is www.prosperity-inside.com and www.10000thoughts.com i hope that we find more source about this. thanks a lot for your blog and article.
good luck

 
At November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great insight on this - it sounds as though you have an amazing grasp on the idea of energy management!

 
At April 13, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great excerise life experiences help us acept that it happened and move on for the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free counter with statistics