Impermanence and the nature of reality
Saturday, June 09, 2007
So, what should we do? Simple, just examine your life more closely and when you do this you will realise that whatever happened in your life good or bad has passed. You know from your experience that whatever you are experiencing now is also going to pass or end. So, accept it, and search for a way to march forward in the journey of life. Realising and accepting that our life and nature of reality is impermanent will enable you to lift the veil and open your doors to pure wisdom.
Exercise for this week:
(1) Remind yourself this week that both joy and suffering are part of life and they are both impermanent.
(2) Do not waste too much time by wondering and pondering on an event.
(3) Let go and become light-hearted and practise detachment.
(4) Everything that is happening in your life is for a reason. Work diligently to identify the reason and take proper action.
posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 3:54 PM,
- At June 11, 2007, said...
Sure, We do not know what will happen in the future. So future is unpredictable.
There is no use in past grudges and if we do, we are the people that suffer most not others.
Lern to forgive and forget. Until then we are never able to detach ourselves.
Happy things and sad things happen to everybody that is born in to this world. So except it as part of human existance and life. " This also will pass" look at it that way and keep going.
My good wishes to your nice post.
- At June 17, 2007, cristlegirl said...
I am very happy that you visited my bloglog page, since now I have gotten to read this blog. I'm at a point in my life where I need to make changes and this blog is wonderful for that.
- At March 16, 2008, HeavenLeeFlower said...
Thank you. I just want to know what you mean by "practice detatchment?" I do not know how to "practice" this??? Thank you