Getting started with Life Coaching
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Preparing for life coaching:
Before we begin our coaching, I would like you to get the following and become fully organised:
(1) An A4 folder – You will need this folder to store your forms and other coaching documents safely. You will also use the folder to store any relevant information for example a newspaper article on self-development. To give it a professional touch you can call the folder as ‘Life Development Folder’. You have to show your commitment and become fully organised. Remember, these small things make a major impact on your success.
(2) An A4 pad – You will find this pad handy if you need any papers for writing purposes.
(3) A journal or diary – You will need a journal or a diary to write or record information. Life coaching involves various exercises and you will use your journal or diary to record them.
(4) Other stationaries – You will need pen, pencils, coloured pens, or crayons. During your coaching programme, you will do various activities like drawing a diagram, it might seem funny, but using different colours makes a huge difference. Scissors and glue will come handy if you want to cut a newspaper or a magazine article and stick it to your file.
As you want to excel these are important for the success of your coaching programme. It makes a big difference when you write down your goals and objectives, or draw pictures to represent them. When you list your thoughts, feelings and desires you will be able to visualise what you want in life more clearly. You have to store and record the information properly because measuring and monitoring your progress is important. If you follow a simple professional approach, you will soon find that your life has become more organised, and your effectiveness and efficiency have increased remarkably. I would say just organising yourself by doing these simple things is a significant step forward. I am sure you will agree with me.
posted by Debojit Chowdhury @ 6:32 AM,
- At December 13, 2007, Gibo said...
I need an A4 folder, A4 paper pad, a diary, and other stationery.